In the camera basics course you will learn the basic operation principle for all cameras. This course will be geared towards digital SLR cameras but the principals can be applied to film, mirror-less, and point and shoot cameras as well. This class is open to all students ages 15+, from novice to intermediate users recommended. There will also be a class geared for seniors offered at another date.
This class will usually be held on the first Saturday of the month. Please check the class calender.
We will touch on the following topics.
- Basic camera care.
- Lens cleaning
- Sensor cleaning
- What not to do.
- Digital exposure science.
- sensor light accumulation.
- Light metering functions.
- Shutter speed, aperture, and ISO.
- Sports vs scenery vs night portraits vs what not
- possible remote shutter and shutter timing operations.
- Ditching scene modes and why.
- How to use flash, and knowing when not to.
- Memory cards, importing, organization.
- Adobe Lightroom preview.
- Data backup.
- Photo presentation.
There will be time alloted for Q&A after each section.
This class will require a minimum of 4 participants.
Students are required to bring their camera, the camera’s manual if they have one (at least locate it on-line), notebook, and a writing tool.
There are no prerequisites for this class.
The cost of this class is $50 and is due before the start of the class.